We envision a city where we coexist in a healthy, safe and sustainable relationship with our environment.
We aim to preserve good personal relationship, mutual understanding and respecting our human rights, particularly for those that have been marginalized and excluded by race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, class and age. Where all people have the right to live with respect and dignity, better opportunities, free from violence, racism, exploitation, displacement, deportation or any other act that denigrates our community. Where all stakeholders— workers, renters, families, the most vulnerable—together have the power to design and plan just, sustainable communities now and for the future.
Mission: To preserve and enhance East Boston’s neighborhoods so that they are accessible and affordable, and to protect our natural environment by:
● building the collective power and strength of East Boston residents who are most impacted by displacement,
● strengthening community unity & solidarity,
● shifting from a culture of greed and accumulation to shared prosperity and mutual benefit
● stewarding our environment for the benefit of today and future generations
● using our voices, relationships and creativity
Our Organizational Members: Center for Immigrant Workers of MassCOSH, City Life/Vida Urbana, Cosecha, Eastie DSA Neighborhood Group, Eastie Farm, GreenRoots, Iglesia Nuevo Amanecer, Neighbors United for a Better East Boston (NUBE), Solidarity.